Tuesday, March 31, 2020

7 Spiritual/mental activities and goals

Obviously I wrote this when temples were still open, but you could plan a trip for when temples are reopened. 

Spiritual

People are multifaceted. We have emotional, physical, spiritual and social needs. Our spirits need to be fed just like our bodies. We need to make sure we don't neglect our souls. I think our emotions and our spirits are very closely related. When I don't take care of my spirit I am more likely to give into bursts of anger or frustration. I am more likely to feel sad and discontent. Taking care of myself spiritually helps keep me balanced. I don't think taking care of your spirit necessarily has to do with church. I have benefitted from meditation and reading uplifting literature. 
You can find more ideas here
  1. Write in your journal
    1. This is not my graphic. I got it from here. Why reinvent the wheel? 
    2. This one is from here.
  2. Plan a trip to the temple
  3. Meditate I chose this video because I love her yoga. There are tons of other videos you can find or  maybe find some soothing meditation music and do your own.
  4. Read a conference talk
  5. Read the scriptures or other uplifting literature for 10 minutes (love having a library card)
    • There are at least 100 chicken soup for every kind of soul there is
    • There are also about a million self help books 
  6. Plan and give a family home evening lesson
    • There are tons of websites with great family night lessons already prepared, ideas for lessons, or come up with something on your own.
  7. Index names
These are more non-religious spiritual/mental health goals
    1. Write in your journal
    2. Read or listen to uplifting literature
      • Chicken soup for the soul
      • TED talks
      • Self help book or podcast (7 habits of highly effective teens)
    3. Meditate
    4. Learn a new coping skill and put it into practice
    5. Put your phone in airplane mode every night at 10pm
    6. Start a gratitude journal
    7. Stay off social media one day a week
    8. Make your bed every day (this is why you should)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to School

 I like to do back to school packages for the kids. This year stumped me a little bit since they are completely online until at least Januar...